Tecnomodel 1/24 Ferrari 575 GTC Lm 2004

Avaliação de kits e materiais usados em modelismo (aerógrafos, tintas, etc).
Robi J

Tecnomodel 1/24 Ferrari 575 GTC Lm 2004

Post by Robi J » Mon Feb 20, 2006 5:38 pm

Hi to all, I’d like to share with you some pictures of the latest release from Tecnomodel, hope you’ll enjoy it.
In the silver box there’s all what you need to replicate cars no. 61 or 62 which were entered by Barron Connor at Le Mans 2004.
I never bought before a Tecnomodel kit and what is clearly evident at a first sight is the high engineering level, probably due to the fact that it’s a manufacturer of factory-built models more than kits.
It’s easy to start test fitting all the components without looking at the instructions, among other things really clear. All the parts, both resin and white metal, are molded flawlessly. The perfectly replicated body is symmetrical and aligned, no air bubbles, no shrinkage so minimum cleaning will be required. Laser-clean engraving. Interiors feature molded in cables for the electronic and other minor details (it’s a pitty); the tunnel with its toggle switches is molded separately as well as the electronic boxes, the front splitter has the correct shape which is different from the Fia GT version.
Wheels seem the real thing: O.Z.’s shape and diameter (0.86 inch / 21.85 mm) are perfectly captured, very little cleaning is necessary. Rubber tires with different width front/rear and turned parts complete di wheels assembly. The wheels axis features a smart system of machined recesses which allow the modeler obtaining the brake discs aligned and a perfect stance of the car in one step only. Wheels locking nuts are four machined jewel, as well as the antennas.
The rollcage has been accurately reproduced and will be enhanced with the included photo-etched stiffening plates. Rear wing is too wide, but Tecnomodel put a note on the instructions to reduce its width.
Unfortunately the taillights have been molded in solid red resin and they lack of realism.
In the kit two different type of photo-etched parts are provided, the thin one carries many details while the thick one carries brake discs, wing drifts and towing hooks.
Glass parts and headlight covers are provided in perfect pre-cut and pre-tinted form. For sure, the assembly between window frames and clear parts will be not so easy.
Two microscopic vacuformed parts allow to replicate the air duct located on the rear windows of the car no. 62. The beautifully printed decals (by Zanchetti) carry the Barron Connor Le Mans livery and many other details like carbon fiber/kevlar patterns and technical sponsors. A pre-cut seat belts pattern made of red adhesive is also included. Instructions, as said, very well done. No clones or copied parts. The kit is Ferrari officially licensed.
The price, less than popular, in Italy is Euro 180.00 at the same level of Studio27 1/24.

Bye: Roberto

valdispert

Post by valdispert » Mon Feb 20, 2006 7:05 pm

Ouch...

:S

Tigre

Post by Tigre » Mon Feb 20, 2006 7:24 pm

It seems very nice casted, but pricely. 180, € it burns ! :shock:
1abraço
Luis Miguel

Petter

Post by Petter » Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:12 pm

Thank you for such an excelent write-up, Roberto!

This is a stunning kit and very well up to S27's standards. The price may be a little high at first, but when compared to MFH's offerings, it's pretty cheap =)

Again, thank you for the review. Very helpfull and great pictures too!

Cheers,
Pedro.

paulo duarte

Photos

Post by paulo duarte » Mon Feb 20, 2006 11:16 pm

Maybe i have some photos of the base car who runs on fia gt categori i supose the changes is minimal.
I'll look for them and make a post on the fórum.
The car is beautifull, and on track is amazing.
Best regards
Paulo Duarte
raio do pelo debaixo do verniz

Robi J

Post by Robi J » Wed Feb 22, 2006 11:54 pm

Hi to all, at a local exhibition I took a couple of pics of the Tecnomodel 575 (assembled kit) in the Fia GT versions.

Roberto :)

lucas

Post by lucas » Thu Feb 23, 2006 12:21 am

I'm coming ..., nice cars. but it's too €€€€€€€€€€!!!!

dias

Post by dias » Thu Feb 23, 2006 11:14 am

WHOOOOOOOO.... Unbelievable Cars... :shock: :shock: :shock:

The finest job i ever seen in my all life!!

Robi J

Post by Robi J » Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:24 pm

On the manufacturer website I found two pics of the assembled model

http://www.tecnomodelcar.com/catalogo/c ... asp?new=no

Ciao: Robi :)